Software Design & Cloud Computing (FT)
To graduate from the Software Design & Cloud Computing degree programme, you must:
- successfully complete all the classes and the internship
- produce a Bachelor’s thesis which must receive a pass mark
- pass the Bachelor’s examination
Your title on graduation will be "Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)“.
Our students write their Bachelor’s thesis in the fifth semester. Students are given assistance with writing their thesis in the form of a supporting seminar and individual supervision.
Over the course of the Bachelor’s thesis students learn the skills needed to develop a particular IT-related question and to examine this question using scientific methods.
Examinations are held three times a year:
- Early date: end of 6th semester, usually at the beginning of July
- Main date: before the start of the winter semester, usually in October
- Late date: in January of the following year
The examination is taken before a board and involves:
- Presenting the Bachelor’s thesis in English
- Discussing the Bachelor’s thesis in German
- Examination of a further subject area
Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Software Design & Cloud Computing can either start their professional career immediately or continue their academic education.
Many of our graduates choose to study further on one of the two related Master’s degree programmes run at FH JOANNEUM: IT & Mobile Security or IT Law & Management. Our graduates also meet the entry requirements for other Master’s degree programmes at FH JOANNEUM, as well as for information technology programmes at other universities.
Faculty & Staff
What would we do without the right people? A competent team provides organisational support and academically sound training in theory and practice.