The path to your dream degree is often paved with many questions. In the “Ready, Study, Go!” podcast, the student counseling center of FH JOANNEUM provides all the answers.
In this episode, we address a question that probably every person interested in studying has asked themselves: "What should I study?" Having the choice can also mean having the agony of choice. Sophie Kappel, staff member of the student counseling center, provides some guidance on this matter. You can listen to the podcast here (in german):
How to make the right descision about my programme?
Take enough time for the study choice. You can start exploring various study options already in upper school and also try out offers from universities.
What offers are available at FH JOANNEUM?
- Studieren Probieren - an offer from öh joanneum where you can get a taste of a lecture together with a student.
- Project "FUNtech" - various technology workshops that can be attended alone or with a school class.
- Lange Nacht der Forschung - every two years we as a research institution provide insight into the university and work.
- VWA/Diploma/Camp - helps with finding topics for pre-scientific papers or the diploma thesis.
- Guided tours, lectures, and various workshops at degree programs for entire school classes.
How do I find out my strengths and interests?
- School subjects: Which subjects do I like, where am I enthusiastic?
- Hobbies: How do I spend my free time? In which areas do I like to move?
- Interest tests: for example from AMS or AK, provide insight into areas of interest and suitable future jobs
- Studyfinder of FH JOANNEUM: answer a few questions and automatically find the suitable studies for your interests
- Exchange: ask your surroundings and reflect yourself
How and where can I get information about studying at FH JOANNEUM?
- OPEN HOUSE: at all locations of FH JOANNEUM. Here you can talk to students and lecturers, sniff around in laboratories, attend sample lectures and workshops, and get tips for the admission process.
- Info talks and info evenings: in-person and online at regular intervals
- Education fairs: FH is represented at all major education fairs such as BeSt.
- Consultation appointment: you can arrange individual counseling sessions with the study counseling. Online and in-person. Just call, email, or chat if interested.
- Chat and email: ongoing study counseling
- Social media: students often take you into their study life on social networks. Follow us on Instagram and TikTok.
- Overview: a good overview of FH degree programs is provided at www.fachhochschulen.ac.at
- Website: here you can find all information about studying at FH JOANNEUM, it is regularly updated and filled with detailed information. For example, you can already take a look at the curriculum of your desired study program or see who will teach you in the future.
Take sufficient time for your study decision. Get informed about the different open days, study fairs, on the internet and from those students who already study at the university. Reflect on yourself, your strengths, and interests. Find out what you want and what you don't want. Talk to your surroundings, do internships, and choose your desired study program - hopefully at FH JOANNEUM.