IT & Mobile Security
Do I meet the admission requirements?
If you want to apply for a Master’s degree programme you need to have
- a relevant Bachelor’s degree or
- equivalent qualification.
English and German are the languages of instruction. Knowledge of the English and German language is thus an essential prerequisite (at least Level B2).
Details on the admission requirements
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business from FH JOANNEUM or an equivalent degree from an Austrian or foreign university are considered to meet the admission requirements.
Applicants require a total of at least 120 ECTS in the following subject areas:
- Fundamentals of information and communication technologies
- Fundamentals of network engineering
- Fundamentals of software engineering
- Fundamentals of programming
- Fundamentals of project management
- Fundamentals of databases
- Business and (IT) law
- Bachelor’s theses, project and term papers
In ambiguous cases, the head of degree programme will decide whether the candidate meets the admission requirements. You will be notified of the decision once we have received your full set of application documents.
You are not an Austrian citizen?
You'll need to meet certain requirements. For more information please go to International Applicants.
Here we give you valuable tips for your application and information about which documents you need.