Do I meet the admission requirements?
If you want to apply for a Master’s degree programme you need to have
- a relevant Bachelor’s degree or
- equivalent qualification.
Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Details on the admission requirements
The minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject. In cases of doubt the head of degree programme will assess the equivalence of the degree.
Holders of the following Bachelor’s or Diploma degrees are considered to meet the admission requirements for the Master’s course in Aviation:
- Aviation, FH JOANNEUM
- Aviation, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur
- Aerospace Engineering, Munich University of Technology
- Aerospace Engineering, University of Stuttgart
- Aviation Systems Engineering and Management, Bremen University of Applied Sciences
- Aeronautical Engineering, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Aviation Engineering, Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- Aviation Technology, InHolland University Delft
The Master's degree programme is also open to holders of a Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in an engineering subject from a recognised postsecondary educational institution in Austria or abroad. Admission to the programme requires documentary evidence of the following minimum number of ECTS credits in the following core subjects:
- Thermodynamics: 2 ECTS
- Mechanics: 2 ECTS
- Electrical Engineering or Electronics: 2 ECTS
- Fluid Mechanics or Physics: 2 ECTS
- Engineering Drawing or Mechanical Components or Design: 2 ECTS
- Informatics and Programming: 2 ECTS
- Business Administration or Management: 2 ECTS
If the degree is basically equivalent but lacks specific qualifications, you may take the relevant examinations during the course of the Master’s degree programme. You will be notified in detail of the examinations to be completed in the course of the admissions process. These examinations must generally be taken and passed by 15 April of the first year of study.
In ambiguous cases, the head of degree programme will decide whether the candidate meets the admission requirements. You will be notified of the decision once we have received your full set of application documents.
You are not an Austrian citizen?
You'll need to meet certain requirements. For more information please go to International Applicants.
Here we give you valuable tips for your application and information about which documents you need.