Board of FH JOANNEUM, University of Applied Sciences
The Board of FH JOANNEUM, University of Applied Sciences, established in 2007 is responsible for all procedural and organisational matters relating to teaching and examinations.
The duties of the Board of FH JOANNEUM, University of Applied Sciences, are laid down in the University of Applied Sciences Act (Fachhochschulgesetz) as follows.
The Board of FH JOANNEUM, University of Applied Sciences, has the following duties according to the University of Applied Sciences Act (§ 10 (3) Fachhochschulgesetz):
- Electing the Academic Director and Deputy Academic Director on the basis of a proposal of three candidates submitted by the provider. Subject to approval by the Board, this proposal can be reduced to two persons;
- Submitting an application to the provider to dismiss the Academic Director or the Deputy Academic Director or submitting a statement to the provider in case of the provider’s intention to dismiss these officials because they have grossly violated or neglected their duties or are no longer able to fulfill their duties;
- Modifying accredited degree programmes in consultation with the provider;
- Establishing or terminating degree programmes and certificate programmes for further education in consultation with the provider;
- Submitting budget applications (investment, material and personnel expenses) to the provider;
- Strategic development of teaching, applied research and internationalisation in consultation with the provider in order to ensure competence- and future-oriented studies at academic level;
- Coordination of the content of all teaching activities;
- Assuring the quality of teaching and research as well as evaluating all teaching operations, including examination regulations and curricula;
- Awarding academic honours common in the university system in consultation with the provider;
- Adopting rules of procedure and a statute in consultation with the provider. The statute shall, as a minimum, include the study and examination regulations, rules for the election of the Board, the establishment of working groups, if any, and their statutes, regulations on quorum requirements for the Board, an equal opportunities plan, regulations with regard to the establishment and discontinuation of degree programmes and certificate programmes for further education as well as guidelines for the appropriate use of designations used in the university system and for the award of academic honours. The statute shall be published in a suitable format;
- Deciding on complaints lodged against decisions taken by the head of degree programme.
The Academic Director has the following tasks according to the University of Applied Sciences Act (§ 10 (4) Fachhochschulgesetz):
- If employed on a full-time basis, assigning and issuing instructions to members of the teaching and research staff to ensure orderly teaching operations and high-quality practice-oriented education at academic level as well as, within the framework of quality assurance, assigning and issuing technical instructions to the heads of the degree programmes and the heads of the academic organisational units;
- Making teaching assignments based on proposals by or in consultation with the Board;
- External representation of the Board and execution of Board decisions;
- Awarding and revoking academic degrees and nostrification of foreign academic degrees;
- Submitting proposals for appointment of heads of the academic organisational units as well as teaching and research staff to the provider;
- Commissioning of and participating in external quality assurance procedures in consultation with the provider.
The University of Applied Sciences Board includes the Academic Director, the Deputy Academic Director, representatives from the heads of degree programmes, representatives from the teaching and research staff and student representatives.
Deputy Academic Director
Representatives from the heads of degree programmes:
- DI (FH) Daniel Fabry
- MMMMag. DDr. Wolfgang Granigg
- FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Doris Kiendl, LL.M.
- Elisabeth Pail, MSc MBA
- Dr. Helmut Ritschl, MA MSc
- FH-Prof. DI Dr. techn. Georg Wagner
Representatives from the teaching and research staff:
- Mag. Martina König, MA
- MMag. Dr. Sabrina Romina Sorko
- FH-Prof. Mag. Mag. Dr. Harald A. Friedl
- DI Hagen Helge Hochrinner
- FH-Prof. Dr. Maja Pivec
- Wolfgang Staubmann, BSc MSc
Four student representatives:
- Martin Kohlmayr
- Viktoria Hohenbichler
- Clemens Muster
- Marco Rodler
Assistant to the Academic Director