FH JOANNEUM cooperates with a wide range of universities abroad, enabling active student exchange with different educational institutions. Although academic exchange is difficult given the curricular differences and language-specific content of the training programmes, our close links with other educational institutions enable us to offer our students the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
As a member of the Speech Language Therapy School network, we can offer our students the opportunity to participate in an international student congress. The aim is to allow an exchange of ideas between speech and language therapy students and teaching staff from various universities in a number of countries. The congress provides the stage for presenting research projects conducted by participating universities and for disseminating and discussing current subject-specific knowledge in lectures or workshops. Participating in these student congresses enables you not only to broaden your knowledge, but also to get to know colleagues from around the world.
Details on the Speech Language Therapy Summer School
The summer school takes place every August. Students can take part after completing their first year as the idea is to extend and broaden knowledge. Around four students from FH JOANNEUM can attend the summer school each year. It is also possible to obtain funding.
Universities participating in the Speech Language Therapy Summer School
The following universities participate in the Speech Language Therapy Summer School:
- Thomas More, Belgium
- Vives, Belgium
- Haute Ecole Léonard de Vinci, Institut Libre Marie Haps, Brussels, Belgium
- Oulun Yliopisto, Finland
- Turun Yliopisto, Finland
- RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, Greece
- Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
- University of Malta, Malta
- Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
- Karolinska Institutet Stockholm, Sweden
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences, Taiwan
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Hanzehogeschool Groningen, Netherlands
- Seton Hall University, USA
- San Diego State University, USA
- Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
Contact and help
Our International Coordinator can help with any queries you may have.
Mag. Sabine Eichler
T: +43 316 5453 6549
Before embarking on your stay abroad, you can find out about the exact process, language offers and services available at FH JOANNEUM. Important details about the semester abroad can be found here. Interested in undertaking an internship abroad? Then you can find out all the information you need here.
An internship is an excellent opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and new skills to in world of work. Here you can find examples of internships, students' experiences and lots more.